The internet. The only place where people from different parts of the world can connect within seconds. Because of the internet, people are able to connect without having to engage in physical talks. As a result of this, many are more willing to make fun of others. As we've all heard before, what goes on the internet stays on the internet. Unfortunately for an Australian teen, his unique hairstyle has been the centre of many jokes by the internet. He knew for a fact that doing nothing about the situation wouldn't stop the memes from coming in. In an attempt to stop the hate against his hair, he decided to sue three companies that lightly made fun of his hair.
Ali Mosslmani, the Australian teen suing the media outlets clearly isn't a fan of the memes created that take jabs at his hairstyle. As a teen myself, I'm well aware that posting on the internet comes with the risk that anyone from anywhere in the world can view it and comment on it. I'm sure that Ali has also used the internet before and is aware of the endless possibilities by the users. In today's culture, mullets like his are very rare, and I'm sure he's aware of that. Although it isn't morally right to make fun of people, it's the internet. When they see a funky hairstyle such as Ali's mullet from someone across the world, they are quick to make the memes. If Ali thought that we would be welcomed and complimented by the internet after seeing his mullet, he is wrong.
I think that although it is legally possible, Ali shouldn't sue the outlets. First of all, the outlets live to report any news stories that might entertain their viewers. They aren't out to ruin the lives of many by making fun of them. Instead, they are reporting different events and stating their own opinion. Also, I'm sure that Ali himself knows that his hair is ridiculous. He knows that rarely anyone has that hairstyle anymore and with the millions of people able to see the message, there are bound to be memes created on his name.
If I were in his shoes, the first thing I would do is go to a barber and ditch the mullet. But in all seriousness, after finding out about all the memes that have been created, I'd accept the fact that I'm a meme and nothing can be done to stop them. Instead, try to ignore all the noise and focus on your own life. If you are genuinely enjoying something but others disagree, who cares what they think? It's your life and not anyone else's.

True, he should be proud with this hair and don't care about what people think
ReplyDelete^you right
ReplyDeleteI think memes are very entertaining and amusing.
ReplyDeleteAs a big meme fanatic, its true that memes are not gonna ruin somebody's life, but it depends. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the most offensive), this meme is about a 1 for me. Plus, I agree with what you said about the fact that it's our own life and we can do what we want, because if we do that, we can learn what to do and what not to do next time.
ReplyDeleteI wonder what the reason for him having that outdated hair style is. If I were put into his body, I too would go straight to the barber and chop it off. But you're right, if he feels so strongly about the mullet to keep it as his hairstyle as a young adult, he shouldn't let the memes hurt his feelings. #loveyourself
ReplyDeleteI wonder what the reason for him having that outdated hair style is. If I were put into his body, I too would go straight to the barber and chop it off. But you're right, if he feels so strongly about the mullet to keep it as his hairstyle as a young adult, he shouldn't let the memes hurt his feelings. #loveyourself
ReplyDelete